Take part in this research-based training to learn and practice the essentials of high-performing teams
What you will learn
This 1-day training takes you through the essentials of high-performing teams. You will learn:
- Which elements constitute high-performing teams and why they are important
- How to set direction in your team, define membership, select for and build skills
- How to lead in teams, build rules of conduct, foster productive behaviors and communication patterns based on trusted relationships
- How to deal with conflict
Based on essential findings of team research the training introduces frameworks and tools to build your own team practice or support teams achieving high performance.
The training is for anyone who wants to build their teaming skills for practice.
- Current or prospective team leaders and team members
- HR business partners in a role to support teams in their organization
- Consultants or facilitators who want to build their skills in helping their client teams succeed
While the course is open to anyone who wants to learn about high-performing teams without requirements, you will likely benefit most if you have some first-hand teaming experience and/or a concrete team building task at your hand, regardless if you are a team leader or team coach.
The course language is English. The course is limited to maximum seven participants to allow sufficient time for discussion of your questions and team challenges.
Who runs the course
Having worked in consulting, teaching and doing research for over 10 years, Olaf has run organization design projects and has helped management teams, research and development teams, as well as start-up teams succeed across a wide range of industries, functions, and geographies. In addition to building Management Kits, which he founded in 2016, he teaches management at the University of St. Gallen, one of the leading European business schools. He is an honorary professor for business design in Berlin where he also co-founded design in tech accelerator DesignFarm Berlin. Olaf has been senior project manager at a leading global strategy consulting firm.
Visit Olaf's LinkedIn profile for more information
What you get
In the course:
Full-day hands-on learning experience under the guidance of Olaf Bach
Joint exercises and moderated group discussions/cross learning as part of the training
Training materials (hard-copy and electronic)
After the course:
Full online access to the Team Kit including all materials, tools and future updates
One individual follow-up video conference with Olaf Bach within three months after the course to discuss follow-on and implementation questions
Management Kits Certificate of Participation
CHF 810.– Early Bird
Terms and conditions for our courses apply.
Register via Eventbrite
- Introduction: defining characteristics of teams, team canvas, teams vs. other forms of work groups
- Purpose and goals: setting direction for your team
- Members and skills: sizing your team and selecting team members
- Leadership and accountability: how to approach leadership for high performance
- Rules and behaviors: the why and how of behavioral boundaries
- Communication and relationships: building productive communication patterns based on trusted relationships
- Tensions and conflict: understand, manage and leverage team conflict for team performance
- Team coaching: how and when to intervene in the team life cycle
“The Team Kit brings together the most important facts and information on building effective teams. It allows us to facilitate discussions within teams and address issues and questions in a very useful way.”
- Fabio Ciroli, Team Lead Construction/Property Development, Schaeppi Grundstücke Verwaltungen KG
“The Team Kit workshop was very well facilitated by Olaf Bach and, together with the materials and documentation, brought a lot of new insights and ideas I can leverage in my professional practice.”
- Florence Müller, Coach and Counsellor SGfB (Swiss Association for Counselling)
I can’t make any of the dates – what are my alternatives?
First, you can work with our online Team Kit on your own – check out the details here. In addition, stay up to date with offers and future courses by subscribing to our newsletter
I need a focused workshop for my whole team – what are my options?
Our team training is also offered as a customized In-House Workshop. Contact us at email@example.com or call us at +41 44 520 9776 to learn more about this offering and see some typical use cases below.
What are typical use cases for customized In-House Workshops?
Depending on the team situation and life cycle, different perspectives may be most useful for a particular team. For example, an incipient team may want to cover all elements but pay particular attention to purpose and goals. Other teams may be set in terms of goals and membership but want to focus on how they work together in terms of leadership, norms, and communication. Top management teams often have particular issues, as do virtual teams or teams seeking to align to their specific organizational context. We have extensive experience customizing approaches to the particular situation, including train-the-trainer set-ups and are happy to discuss your case.
For all inquiries please contact
+41 44 520 9776